...

My photo
Ledbury, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Hey, my name's Jan and this is my blog and if you've ended up on this page you're either a pro internet user or I posted my url all over the internet. Anyways, I'm 17 and in college and I just thought I'd make this to share all the random thoughts that pop into my head in the hope that they will interest people. Enjoy =)

Sunday 24 July 2011

You only said goodbye with words

I do believe Formspring has once again died. It seems to go through random fluxes of being popular and then just nothing, I'm going to miss all the random insults and other crap that I received. R.I.P Formspring and of course Amy Winehouse who has received constant streams of public and media attention within the last 24 hours. I understand why people are upset because it seems to have drawn the spotlight away from the devastating tragedy in Norway, but in this country (UK) she was a public icon, a talented, yet troubled, musician and her death was a great loss to not only the music industry but also her family, friends, fans and colleagues. I understand where people are coming from when they are annoyed she has taken the spotlight but it's no excuse for all the hate and distasteful jokes made at her expense. Think about how you would feel if it was one of your family members this tragic event had happened to.

                                                                   x-Jan-x

No comments:

Post a Comment