...

My photo
Ledbury, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Hey, my name's Jan and this is my blog and if you've ended up on this page you're either a pro internet user or I posted my url all over the internet. Anyways, I'm 17 and in college and I just thought I'd make this to share all the random thoughts that pop into my head in the hope that they will interest people. Enjoy =)

Monday 25 April 2011

That's how I roll

Everyone knows at least one persons who responds to every statement and question with a sarcastic reply or some form of jokey response. These tend to make the asker look bad and the person making the comment look funny. Is the reason for all these 'jokes' just because they are just a general funny guy or is this some sort of unconscious defence mechanism. Are they really just scared of being put down by others or looked down upon for speaking to certain people publically? Maybe making these responses stops them from having to think about what they really want to say or display certain emotions, thus putting all focus away from any serious topic and towards how hilarious they are. By doing this, people can avoid uncomfortable topics without people noticing or maybe it's a way of gathering some quick attention and feeling better about yourself. Low self esteem could make someone believe they have to be funny in order to be liked, as being theirselves would somehow be perceived as something insignificant. Putting others down through humour makes people laugh but it can also hurt an individual so although, these certain people are making themselves feel better, maybe they are hurting others in the process and not actually doing themselves any good. It seems that humour is the emotional defence that covers up any emotional troubles you may be having; just as vanity protects you from insults against physical appearance. Both these things just seem like cover-ups for insecurities, or, that's what I think anyways.


                                                                          x-Jan-x

No comments:

Post a Comment