...

My photo
Ledbury, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Hey, my name's Jan and this is my blog and if you've ended up on this page you're either a pro internet user or I posted my url all over the internet. Anyways, I'm 17 and in college and I just thought I'd make this to share all the random thoughts that pop into my head in the hope that they will interest people. Enjoy =)

Monday 25 April 2011

You're beautiful (drop dead)

Giving advice is easier than dealing with a situation yourself. Everything is so much clearer when someone relays a situation to you; you automatically think of logical approaches to every possible drama and usually manage to help advise someone with possible strategies and ways to overcome emotional problems. However, the same cannot be said for your own problems. You always feel so lost and confused and need others input and advice to help you through your troubles, well, most of the time anyway. And what's more, you never take your own advice. No matter how many times you've instructed people on how you personally would deal with their situation, the advice you gave simply disappears or seems obsolete when it comes to your life. I don't know why this is exactly, perhaps you envisage that your problems are somehow greater than everybody else's or you, somehow are more important and need some form of higher guidance to help you through your problem. Or maybe, it's down to low self esteem and you don't believe that your advice is good enough to actually work in a situation and you're the kind of person who likes to help others and so give them your advice anyways in the hope that it will inspire them to figure things out for themselves. I don't think that either the former or latter of my opinions on the matter are particularly positive or nice ways of thinking about things but that's just what I came up with in the last half an hour or so of thinking about it.

                                                                             x-Jan-x

No comments:

Post a Comment