...

My photo
Ledbury, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Hey, my name's Jan and this is my blog and if you've ended up on this page you're either a pro internet user or I posted my url all over the internet. Anyways, I'm 17 and in college and I just thought I'd make this to share all the random thoughts that pop into my head in the hope that they will interest people. Enjoy =)

Thursday 28 April 2011

Not only you and me

Being confident is something so difficult to achieve in today's society. Everywhere you look, there are billboards of 'perfect people'; the right size, shape, colour, sex, every last detail airbrushed to perfection. This is what we are expected to live up to, looking like perfection, when it's just not possible. How are we supposed to be positive with out own bodies and what we have when all we have to compare ourselves to is fake? No wonder everyone is always depressed about their appearance and struggles to find a single aspect of themselves that they appreciate. Not enough people are confident within their own skin and it's a sad fact, everyone should be happy with who they are but so much emphasis is being put on current generations to focus on appearance, when the appearance we're pressured into attaining is impossible. It's about time the media started encouraging people to love themselves for who they are and what they look like, so that they can start believing in themselves and have the confidence to go out and do things without the pressure of looking like some anorexic billboard model who looks nothing like what she seems.

                                                                        x-Jan-x

No comments:

Post a Comment